Visa to Argentina for Us Citizens
A US citizen needs to have a passport to be allowed entry into Argentina. However, in the event that these citizens are traveling for business or tourism for a period not exceeding 90 days, they do not need to have a visa. Instead of Argentina visa fees, visitors are required to pay the
Generally, for arrivals at Buenos Aires Aeroparque, Ezeiza Buenos Aires and even for cruise passengers, a reciprocity fee of USD 160 applies and it must be obtained in advance
It is important to remember that these payments need to be made online before traveling. Cash payments will not be accepted at the entry point.
Paying the Argentina Reciprocity Fee Online:
1. Go to
2. Click on “Apply Now” or “Get My Visa” and you will be redirected to a form which you need to fill out. This information will then be relayed to Argentina’s Immigration Office after paying the fee online
3. In within 10 minutes, you will receive an email with the reciprocity fee receipt attached.
4. When you arrive in Argentina, present this receipt to the DNM office.
Visa to Argentina for Canadian citizens
For a tourism stay not exceeding a period of three months, Canadian citizens do not require to pay Argentina Visa Fees. All they need to do is pay abefore they arrive in Argentina, a fee of $92 which allows multiple re-entries from all countries for a period of 10 years.
How to pay the Argentina Reciprocity Fee
1. Go to
2. Click on “Apply Now” or “Get My Visa” and fill out the form with your details and submit it. These details are sent to Argentina Immigrations Office.
3. You will get the Reciprocity Fee receipt of the payment and you need to print it.
4. You will need to present the printed receipt to the DNM office on arrival to Argentina for validation.
Visa to Argentina for Australian citizens
If you are traveling to Argentina from Australia and your stay is not exceeding three months, you do not have to pay Argentina visa fees. The Argentina Reciprocity fee needs to be paid online prior to arrival or the traveler may be sent back to the port of embarcation.
The reciprocity fee payable by Australian citizens wishing to travel is $100. To make this payment, you simply need to go to After filling in your details and making your credit card payment, you will get a receipt of the payment in one business day. This printed receipt has to be presented to the DNM office on arrival to Argentina for validation to be allowed entry into the country.
For longer stays in Argentina please consult the Argentinian Consulate closest to you.