Chaltén, Argentina – Photo by Nestor Galina
A valid passport is required for all US citizens to visit Argentina. U.S. citizens do not need a visa for visits of up to 90 days for tourism or for business, but they are required to pay a fee.
How the Argentina Reciprocity Fee for US Citizens was gradually implemented
Effective October 31 of 2012
$160 USD for for arrivals at Aeroparque (AEP) Buenos Aires.
Effective December 28 of 2012
$160 USD for for arrivals at Ezeiza (EZE) Buenos Aires.
Effective January 7 of 2013
$160 USD for all points of entry to Argentina (except cruise passengers).
Effective June 30, 2013
$160 USD for all points of entry to Argentina (including cruise passengers)
Today the fee has to be paid online prior to arriving in the country. Cash payments are not accepted at any point of entry to the country.
How to purchase the Argentina Reciprocity Fee for US Citizens online
- Apply at www.reciprocityfees.org
- Complete the form using your personal details, register as many applicants as you wish and enter your credit card details at checkout. The information entered will be sent electronically to the Argentina’s Immigration Office.
- Within minutes you will receive an email with the Reciprocity Fee attached and you can also download it from the Website.
- When you arrive at the airport, present the printed ticket at check in.
- Upon arrival in Argentina your receipt will be scanned by the Immigration staff and validated, allowing you to enter into the country.
For additional details on requirements for US Citizens, visit the State Department website or the Embassy of Argentina.
Visa to Argentina for Us Citizens
A US citizen needs to have a passport to be allowed entry into Argentina. However, in the event that these citizens are traveling for business or tourism for a period not exceeding 90 days, they do not need to have a visa. Instead of Argentina visa fees, visitors are required to pay the Argentina Reciprocity fee which is similar to what Argentine citizens have to pay when entering the United States.
Generally, for arrivals at Buenos Aires Aeroparque, Ezeiza Buenos Aires and even for cruise passengers, a reciprocity fee of USD 160 applies and it must be obtained in advance
It is important to remember that these payments need to be made online before traveling. Cash payments will not be accepted at the entry point.
Paying the Argentina Reciprocity Fee Online:
1. Go to www.reciprocityfees.org
2. Click on “Apply Now” or “Get My Visa” and you will be redirected to a form which you need to fill out. This information will then be relayed to Argentina’s Immigration Office after paying the fee online
3. In within 10 minutes, you will receive an email with the reciprocity fee receipt attached.
4. When you arrive in Argentina, present this receipt to the DNM office.
Visa to Argentina for Canadian citizens
For a tourism stay not exceeding a period of three months, Canadian citizens do not require to pay Argentina Visa Fees. All they need to do is pay a Reciprocity Fee online before they arrive in Argentina, a fee of $92 which allows multiple re-entries from all countries for a period of 10 years.
How to pay the Argentina Reciprocity Fee
1. Go to www.reciprocityfees.org
2. Click on “Apply Now” or “Get My Visa” and fill out the form with your details and submit it. These details are sent to Argentina Immigrations Office.
3. You will get the Reciprocity Fee receipt of the payment and you need to print it.
4. You will need to present the printed receipt to the DNM office on arrival to Argentina for validation.
Visa to Argentina for Australian citizens
If you are traveling to Argentina from Australia and your stay is not exceeding three months, you do not have to pay Argentina visa fees. The Argentina Reciprocity fee needs to be paid online prior to arrival or the traveler may be sent back to the port of embarcation.
The reciprocity fee payable by Australian citizens wishing to travel is $100. To make this payment, you simply need to go to www.reciprocityfees.org After filling in your details and making your credit card payment, you will get a receipt of the payment in one business day. This printed receipt has to be presented to the DNM office on arrival to Argentina for validation to be allowed entry into the country.
For longer stays in Argentina please consult the Argentinian Consulate closest to you.
To apply for any of the above Reciprocity Fees please visit www.reciprocityfees.org
Photo by Ryan McFarland
The thought of traveling abroad can be very exciting. Just by imagining it, you will surely enjoy the thoughts of you roaming around the beautiful countries such as the United States, Australia or Canada. On the other hand, thinking about going out of your own country always links a very high responsibility, especially when it comes to your safety. One of the responsibilities you have to consider includes doing embassy travel registration.
Explaining Embassy Travel Registration
With Embassy Travel Registration, you will be able to provide your emergency and local contact information to the Consulates and Embassies within the countries you are visiting. With this, you are allowing the government to get in touch with you should an emergency takes place, either at home or in the country where you want to go to. All people who will be residing or traveling to other countries may register. It is always a great idea for every traveler to register prior to going to any trip internationally.
It is very important for any traveler to consider embassy travel registration as suggested primarily by the Local State Department. The State Department highly encourages citizens who are planning to do an international travel to make a registration with the embassy within the countries they are planning to go to. In such a way, you are making it possible for the Consulate or Embassy to contact you once needed. As mentioned earlier, it is possible whether due to a family emergency or due to some crisis within the country they are traveling to.
Benefits of Embassy Travel Registration
Once you file with an embassy travel registration, the US government official will be able to do the following:
- Inform you just in case there is a life threatening condition within the foreign country or emigration of the citizens
- Get in touch with your family when an emergency arises
- Get in touch with you when there is an emergency at home or notify the person authorized from the registration how to reach you
- Accelerate you’re application for replacing or renewing of passport, particularly when your passport has been stolen or lost.
When planning to register with the embassy, you no longer need to worry of reserving your tickets or making some hotel reservations for the registration. You will have to be very informed of the designated countries you are planning to visit, and the way you can be reached when traveling. When making the registration online, you can guarantee that your information is protected and secured. It will be directly submitted to the authorized agency.
Upon registration, just fill out and have an online request form submitted and the authorized agency will register the information on your behalf with the Department of State and the local Embassy within the country where you plan to travel. The Embassy Travel Registration may be processed in 24 hrs or less, which is applicable even for manifold destinations. Making this registration is very important, as it means a lot to your safety as you travel abroad.
To visit Argentina you need to obtain the Argentina Reciprocity Fee. You can apply at www.reciprocityfees.org